Thursday, January 21, 2016

No More Pasta

Friends, how many of you set a new year's resolution around food, dieting or weight loss?  

Oh my, the hands raised could fill up a room! (my hand is raised too!)

I've decided to be very intentional this new year about what I put in my mouth.  And that decision led to an early morning session of organizing.  

Sometimes, organizing one shelf can make all the difference.


This shelf is a prime example of how simply filling a space with containers does not organize it.

All this had to go!  Per my new year's resolution.  No.More.Pasta (at least until I hit my weight goal).

When I emptied out all those Tupperware containers, I found this growing in the bottom of a couple of them....ICK


Evidently I don't eat as much pasta as I thought.



In messy cupboards, there are always a few items that don't belong.  Best to relocate them. Store like with like.  

Who knew we had dips and hot cocoa?  PARTY.


These all held pasta!  


They've been replaced with grains and beans (alphabetized of course).  Is couscous a pasta?


Pasta is ready to leave the house.  It's going to the next college student who visits.


So long pasta, maybe we'll see you in a few months.

What would you do with all those empty containers?

What shelf in your home is bugging you right now?

Hop on over to my Facebook page to see a quick kitchen reorg.




No comments: